Monday, December 29, 2014

Yes-Man vs. Bah-HumBug: Superheroes Part 1

On the wake of the holidays, and the cusp of the New Year, I figure, why not write?

I could write about everything you see, that I'm thankful for everyday, on Facebook or Instagram.  I could make another resolution and pray I keep it, because, ya know, it's documented.  Or, I don't know, I could just make a journal entry.  A Yes-Man, motivated, journal entry.

I've been extremely bah-humbuggy this holiday season.  Not in an all out war-with-others; drivers on the road, shoppers in my lane, family I didn't intend to see.  No.  It was a far more internal "bah-humbug."  A bah-humbug to no money for gifts for my loved ones; many of which I know spent money on us.  A bah-humbug to decorations - mine were lacking with no time or money to try to even come close to fix.  A bah-humbug to Christmas in general.  I knew rushing around would be surprised upon me.

And, suddenly, as if the the sun rose warmly on a frosty morning just for me, and stared at me in my closed, sleepy eyes through a random slot in my blinds, I felt empty.  Not a bad empty.  A good empty.  I felt free of necessity.  I felt free of anxiety.  I felt free of expectation.

It's been a while since I've felt like this.  Like, I can be me.  Like, I AM me.  Like, I'm open to be a Yes Man.  I'm hopeful.  I'm excited.  I'm ready.  No more bah-humbug debris.  It's all gone.  In fact, if this was Myspace, I'd be able to attach Jack Johnson's "No Other Way" to this blog post, and everyone would get it. Aaahhh  Myspace days.

I digress.  I'm hopeful.  I mean, I'm always hopeful.  That's kinda my thing.  But after my random morning Good Morning Sunshine epiphany, I'm extra hopeful.  I'm motivated in a way I haven't been in a long while.  I'm ready to make waves.  The way I used to, but in a new way.  And I will.

I'll make resolutions, which are okay.  But, I'm going to make promises, too, this year.  I'm going to promise what may sound like a lot, but I'm capable.  It may feel like a lot, but I'll remind myself, I can do it.  And, when I am about to break, I'm going to laugh.  Because I already made it.

I really, truly, hope all the rest of my loved ones do the same.  I watched the entire last quarter of the year fly by, and I couldn't keep up with the agony I wanted to complain about.  It was over before I had a chance.  I ask you to forget about the anxiety, the dread, and stay positive until you just can't anymore.  Then, take a deep breath.  And, it's gone.

We're far more resilient than we think.  Remember when you fell off your bike when you were 9 and thought you died?  We are that same person, just with more pain resilience. :)

Please, enjoy an immense New Year.  Be a Yes-Man.  Be positive.  Be YOU!  Do it all!!

Happy New Year!

No comments: